Easy ways to lose one pound…
With all of the advice out there these days, it really isn’t that complicated if you think about it. It really boils down to education and commitment. Below are just a few ideas to help get you on the right path to achieving your goals. You CAN do it!
One pound is equivalent to 3,500 calories. Seems like a lot, but if you add these 500-calorie burning workouts every day for a week, then you’ve lost one pound gone. (Calories burned are based on a 125 pound woman.)
1. 45-minute jog at a 10-minute mile pace
2. 60-minute cycling session
3. 90 minutes on the elliptical
4. 50 minutes on the Stairmaster
5. 70 minutes of resistance training – i.e. lifting weights
6. 45-minute breaststroke swim
7. 45 minute of treading water
8. 2-hour walk at a moderate pace
9. 1-hour Zumba class
10. 2-hour Power Yoga class
11. 90-minute Pilates class
12. 1-hour Barre class. A new workout craze, these ballet-inspired classes slim and tone the body with pulsing movements that target the core, arms and lower body.
13. 1 hour of dancing. Head to a studio or round up the girls for a night out.
14. 65 minutes on the ski slopes
15. 50 minutes of cross country skiing
16. 40-minute jump rope session
17. 70-minute fist fight with the punching bag. Word of advice: You may want to break this one up into two sessions to protect the knuckles.
18. 3 hours of shopping. To get the most out of opening your wallet, skip the escalators and hit the stairs.
19. 50 minutes of hula hooping. The childhood pastime burns 10 calories a minute.
20. 50 minutes of shoveling snow
21. 40 minutes on the rock climbing wall
22. A 50-minute beach volleyball game. The sand’s unstable surface helps you burn more calories in a shorter time frame.
23. 60 minutes on the rowing machine
24. 90-minute ride on horse back
25. 90-minute kayak ride
26. 2 ½ hours golfing, but make sure you carry the clubs!
27. 2 ½ hour hike
28. 2-hour round of tennis
29. 40 minutes of martial arts
30. 45 minutes of jumping rope
Related articles across the web